8.31.2009

I'm a sewing machine

...or maybe a sewing robot. I had another three day weekend and stayed attached to my sewing machine to finish some old projects and whip up a skirt.

The seersucker skirt (pattern: Simplicity 4236) was a new project made with some stash fabric I picked up at Walmart years ago (I think it was $3 a yard). I cut the fabric on Friday and I was done sewing the hem on Saturday morning.

I started the dress (pattern: McCall's M5313) about 2 summers ago. It wasn't difficult to make but it was very time consuming since the whole dress is lined and required a lot of hand sewing. It was my first dress, so I'm really siked about it. Hopefully it doesn't fall apart.

I'm glad the skirt and dress are finished so I can wear them during the last few days of summer.

There was also a pajama pants project that finally got finished too. About 2 Christmas' ago, I promised my mom a pair of wide-legged pajama pants from Amy Butler's In Stitches book. They are sort of done. I just need to pick up some binding tape for the waist ties.

Yay for ikat, seersucker and procrastination!

3 comments:

  1. I'll make you one for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the skirt too! Can you get little mice to work at it and make multiples?

    ReplyDelete