7.19.2010

Sisal Rug = Chic?

I've been trying to come up with affordable, large and hard wearing rug choices for our living/family/tv room.

All my searches led back to some sort of natural fiber rug. Then I remembered that all of Lee Kleinhelter's places always had sisal rugs. See, sisal can be chic!

Cottage Living November/December 2008

Dining Room

Bedroom

Living Room

Cottage Living October 2006

Guest Bedroom

Bedroom

Guest Bedroom 2
Image via Design*Sponge

Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles - January 2010

Living Room

Living Room 2

baby room
Images via Pieces, Inc.

Any thoughts on natural fiber rugs? Love them or hate them?

8 comments:

  1. I like them in common spaces like living room or sun rooms but don't think I could do them in a bedroom. I like a bit more comfort underfoot when I wake up!

    I've tagged you in my latest blog post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popped on over from Rambling Renovators.

    I'm a fan of natural fibre rugs. I was hoping to get one for our recent basement reno, but I don't think it will be. Maybe in another room in the home... eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pics show a dog, but if you've got cats they'll love sisal rugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Rambling Renovators: I'll get cracking on the tag! I was hoping to put our jute rug in the upstairs bedroom with a shearling rug on top (but I think the dog will eat it).

    @ Kerry: Thanks for your comment and visit!

    @ Gene: no cats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the look of sisal rugs too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dunno about rugs... but a golden retriever & 6 bottles of Veuve are chic enough for me! Love that top pic... for all the wrong reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them for inexpensive look and they are so versatile because you can change them - but I think you should throw another (smaller) rug over it for comfort on those toes! Zebra skins thrown over them are very popular. We did a post on that waaay back in like February...

    ReplyDelete